Card poker games have many different variations, most of which were created in the United States in the mid-1900s.
Many players have repeatedly asked ourselves the question of which version of the game more interesting and offers better prospects for personal development.Below are the most popular and well-known poker game and their features.
Three of the most popular options are common in casinos around the world and can be divided into the following groups:
- Draw Poker: A game in which the player is dealt a complete set of pocket cards, which can then be improved by replacing the card.The most common is a five-card.This is one of the simplest forms of the game, which is often played at home.
- Stud Poker: A game in which each player receives a combination of open and closed cards for a few rounds.The most common are the Seven and Five Card Stud.
- Hold'em game in which the optimal combination of open and closed card.Most popular: Omaha Hold'em and Texas Hold'em (more commonly known as Texas Poker - the most common game in casinos around the world).
Here are some less popular and less well-known varieties of poker:
- Lowball: the worst combination wins the pot.There are differences in the rules that are considered to be the worst if aces cards.The most common variations are Razz and 2-7 Triple Draw.
- high-low split: the pot is split between the worst and the best rate.For example, the worst rate should be 5 cards with grades of 8 or less.
- Kill game - a game with a fixed limit, and if a player wins two consecutive bank, the rate will be doubled.
- twist round in which players can buy another card from the deck.If the player does not like his cards, he can buy another, adding to the pot.
- double flip (also known as the end of the world, and the jaws of victory) was inducted into the club games throughout Europe in recent years.It was designed to keep inactive players in the game, and therefore, in a pub or club.If the remaining players some cards the same and the same were at any of the drop-outs, they believe a certain winning percentage from the bank (need to be discussed before each game).
- Mexican herds have the same rights as the five-card stud, but the cards are constantly agitated and distribute closed.Each player decides which of the two hole cards he takes.
Mixed poker games
In this game you can try the mixed format, for example, a half-hour Texas poker, then half an hour of Seven-Card Stud, etc.There are many types of mixed games.The most famous - Poker HORSE (HORSE).This mixture of Hold'em, Omaha, Razz, Hi-Lo and Seven Card Stud.Each game usually lasts a fixed amount of time, and then the players move on to the next game.
other mixed poker games include:
- HOSE - the same as HORSE, but without Razz.
- HOE - same as HORSE, except Razz or Seven-Card Stud.
- HO - Texas poker and high-low.
- OE - Seven Card Stud and Omaha.
- HA - Pot Limit Texas in a mixture of pot-limit Omaha.
- Omaha Hi Lo mixed - Omaha and Pot Limit Hi-Lo.
- Mixed Holdem - Texas Hold'em, having a fixed limit and without.
- Eight games Mix - Fixed Limit: 2-7 Triple Draw, Texas Hold'em, Razz, Pot Limit Omaha high-low split, seven-card stud and Omaha and No Limit Texas Hold'em.
Some poker just does not fit into the above categories, they have their own special rules and, of course, his fans.These variations are most often used in home games.Here are some of them:
- High or Low Chicago.
- Follow the Queen.
- Stud HORSE.
This is not a complete list of all types of poker, there are so many different games to choose from.In general, to create a complete list - a very difficult task, but you can easily try every variation and choose the one that suits you the most.