Hardly anyone would argue with the fact that it is much more pleasant to live in a well-ventilated building than in construction, where the air is stagnant.In addition, regular airing a positive effect on the health of the home.However, along with this can be a problem: the heat is often simply leaves the premises through ventilation.To fix this, you can always use this device as the air heat exchanger.This equipment will provide reliable heating throughout the house and will forget about the problem of heat loss.Buy this mechanism is always possible in any specialty store, but the financial savings would be much better to make a heat exchanger by hand.It is on this process and on the characteristics of such equipment, and should stop more detail.
general concept of regenerative air
itself is a recovery mechanism for the return of a portion of the heat energy.And if you speak directly about the air here is meant heating the incoming cold flow into the room with the help remove heat exhaust.Similar d
It is important to note one thing: mixing the supply and exhaust air does not occur.At the same time perform a full recovery will not work even with the most modern device (figure warming varies from 60 to 80%).Typically, the optimal parameter warm incoming outside air temperature is equal to 100 ° C.
The principle of the heat exchanger
As mentioned above, this equipment is operated by the exchange of heat flux.In more simple terms, in cold weather, the high temperature inside the room directly affect the air coming from the outside, while in the summer the process is reversed.In order to implement these procedures and created a special unit called heat exchanger.
It works in the following points:
- air from the room is moving along having a square cross-section of the pipe;
- intake flows moving in the transverse direction to him;
- mixing hot and cold air does not occur, since between them are specifically designed for this partition in the form of plates.
types of heat exchangers air
In order to properly make the heat exchanger for the house with their own hands, it is necessary, first of all, to examine these kinds of devices.The most common ones are the following mechanisms:
- plate heat exchanger.As the name suggests, you can guess that its structure consists of special plates that are combined in solid cubic meters.Meets a flow of air exchange temperature without mixing.This device has a compact parameters and widespread due to its simplicity.
rotary mechanism.This type of heat exchanger requires a source of electrical energy.Its cylinder is equipped with a rotary element, without stopping the rotating among the channels of and removal of air.The dimensions of this device are quite large, so that its spread, he received mainly in industrial plants.However, its performance differs very high - about 87%.
equipment operating on the principle of a water recycling.On the characteristics resembles the model plate type, but the device itself of this mechanism is much more complex, and the main difference is that some of its structural parts can be in different places.As the coolant circulating force solely with power, here is either water or an antifreeze.
Roof heat exchanger.This model is not suitable for premises and used only for industrial purposes.Efficiency is from 55 to 68%, the device of such mechanisms requires significant financial costs.
most easy to use and connect, and the least expensive is a plate heat exchanger, therefore, make it yourself is easier.
Advantages and disadvantages of plate heat exchanger
As mentioned earlier, this mechanism will be the best option for DIY construction.The advantages of this type of heat exchanger made include the following:
- high efficiency (40-65%);
- absence of any problems in the design of the device (the apparatus has no moving element, which significantly prolongs its life);
- no spare cash costs as the electricity for its operation is not necessary.
However, it is practically impossible to find a mechanical equipment which would have had absolutely no negative aspects.Thus, the disadvantage of a plastic heat exchanger decided to allocate the following:
- unit does not have a function of sharing water, and there is only the possibility of heat transfer;
- equipment is prone to the appearance of ice on it in the cold season.But this problem is solved: to prevent freezing device can be either turned off or equip it with a special valve, called a bypass;
- construction of such heat exchanger is crossed between a pipe;
- avoid the installation of these elements will not work, but the process is fairly easy.
equipment for DIY manufacturing plastic heat exchanger
to independently produce plastic heat exchanger for the house is required for the following materials:
- 4 m² roofing iron treated with zinc, or the same amount of aluminum sheet, PCB, copper,Micarta;
- technical tube having a thickness of 0.2 cm, performing the function of the gasket between the heat exchanger plates.For these purposes, you can also use a wooden rack soaked with linseed oil;
- conventional sealant based on silicone;
- tin, metal or plywood box, designed for the housing of the device;
- 4 flanges made of plastic, the corresponding parameters of airway tubes;
- gauge showing pressure differentials;
- Area device racks;
- insulation material (mineral wool);
- electric jigsaw;
If you have all of this equipment can begin to produce the heat exchanger by hand.
process of creating heat exchanger
algorithm of actions is as follows:
- material should be spread out and cut it into square-shaped plates, so that the size of the faces was 20-30 cm. All you need is to produce 70 units of cluster blanks.Cut material should be using an electric jigsaw to get a perfectly smooth plate.
- then should prepare a cork or wooden slats to their parameters correspond to the sides of a square.They need to be glued to the opposite sides of each of the preforms except for the last.After that, it is important to wait for the complete drying of the adhesive.
- Next you need to start the process of assembling the squares in the drawer.The scheme involves the laying of the heat exchanger of each of the sheets relative to the previous angle of 90 °.The last part of the design will be a plate on which nothing has been pasted.
- After that, the future need to pull the heat exchanger frame.There will need to use the area.
- all important process gap with silicone sealant that does not cause corrosion of the metal.
- followed by manufacture of fastening flanges for fixing on the walls of the cassette.The lower part of the details need to be equipped with a special drainage hole, which should include diverting the condensate pipe.
- On the walls of the enclosure are fixed rails made of angles.To carry out any maintenance work tape can always get it.
- item mounted within the housing, the parameters of which coincide with the diagonal of the square.
- Producing heat exchanger with his hands, it is important to remember about packing and insulating material, which in this case is the mineral wool.It is necessary to take a layer of insulation thickness of 40 mm and fix it on the inside walls of the enclosure.
- to rid itself of the problem of the appearance of ice, the construction should be equipped with a pressure sensor, which must be installed on the site of the passage of the warm air.
- The process of installing the assembly of the finished heat exchanger in the ventilation system.
As a rule, the efficiency of self-made machinery is approximately 65%, which is enough to maintain the dwelling in favorable microclimate.
How to calculate the power of the heat exchanger?
Putting such a device as a heat exchanger, with his own hands, it is very important not only competently carry out all activities for its construction, but also to calculate the power of this mechanism.
to determine the optimum rate of heat energy that circulates between the plates, made be based on the following formula: 20 W * xS * dT.S in this case shows the plate area, measured in meters.
Calculate the capacity of the equipment is possible using the following formula:
p (W) = 0,36 * Q (m³ / sec.) * DT.
decrypts all the variables so:
- Q - energy used for heating or cooling air flow.This parameter is calculated by the formula of L x 0.335 x (t con. - T beg.), Where:
- L - air flow, measured in cubic meters / hour.In accordance with the norms of the installation, the figure for one person must be 60 m³ / h;
- t the beginning - the initial temperature display;
- t con - parameter obtained as a result of heat exchange.
- dT - temperature.
Ways to improve ventilation
order for the equipment to work comfortably, there are some options to improve its functioning.These measures, of course, will increase the power consumption, but the efficiency will increase.
To clean the air entering the recuperator to dust, it can be equipped with specific channels filter consisting of aluminum, plastic or fiber.But these elements have to be sure to follow and, if necessary, to carry out their replacement.
Avoid freezing design can be periodically cutting off the supply fan.This will cause the plates inside the mechanism will be warmed using warm exiting air and, consequently, to thaw.
Compliance with all of the above recommendations will create a high quality and reliable model of the heat exchanger, and the manufacturing process will not take much time and effort.