about the healing properties of currants people knew from ancient times.When a person is dependent solely on the gifts of grace and nature, through the winter and did not get sick helped him infusions and decoctions of herbs.About currants and its beneficial properties mentioned in Izbornik Sviatoslav (Great Prince of Kiev) in 1073 and 1076's.
Today every summer visitor tries to plant currant bushes on the site to have a "pantry" of vitamins at hand.
This undemanding plant, but if you want to always get a high yield of berries, you should ask in advance than to fertilize currant spring for a better crop.
There are more than 200 varieties of shrubs, all of which differ not only in taste, but also on the composition of nutrients, ripening and resistance to weather conditions.
Depending on the region, experienced gardeners planting varieties of currants 2-3 different ripening to feast on berries all summer.The only thing that worries them - than currants fertilize in the spring,
arid terrain suitable varieties that are resistant to drought, and in regions with short and cool summer - hardy species.
existing varieties specifically grown for the growth in cold climates.They have a high yield, have small fruit that is easy to assemble as they mature into clusters.It is frost-resistant varieties that tolerate temperature extremes, but their fruits become larger, you should know what to fertilize in the spring of currants.
best dressing for the varieties with small fruits will be an infusion of potato peels, as the starch affects the increase in the amount of berries.This is an old folk method, which must quart jar of dried potato peel pour 10 liters of boiling water, close, wrap and insist until cool.This infusion of experienced gardeners recommend watering the bushes with small berries in the spring during flowering.Keep in mind that one goes bush 3 liters of the infusion.
of medium grades are good not only for its unpretentiousness and endurance, but also the fact that the fruits of their very high content of ascorbic acid.
Making fertilizer to increase the size of the berries, you should think about what to fertilize in the spring of currants for the development of its root system.
fertilizing phosphorus and potassium fertilizers
For all its unpretentiousness is the quality of the soil currants makes a complaint.What makes it poorer, the more it will have to feed the gardener.
Ogorodniki with experience say that there is nothing better than to fertilize black currant spring phosphorus-potassium fertilizers.Enough to dissolve 10 grams of potassium sulphate and 40 g of superphosphate at the rate of one hive.
Since currant root system goes to a depth of only 40-60 cm, it is possible to make a groove on each side of each bush and pour them diluted fertilizer.Phosphorus affects the size of the fruit, and potassium their sweetness.If not enough of these substances in the soil, bushes "talk" about the appearance of a yellow fringe on the leaves.
Organics for currants
When the soil is exhausted, a good "dressing" for it are considered to be organic fertilizer.In this case a year later to make 5-6 kg of organic matter per 1 m2.For a well-cultivated land is sufficient time in two years to add 4-5 kg / m2.
Experienced gardeners know how and what to fertilize currant bushes in the spring, so as not to damage the root system, and strengthen it.Fresh manure can "burn" them, so used well rotted humus or liquid fertilizer, which throughout the year is desirable to produce 4 times.This will allow the plant to receive all necessary substances from the soil and let abundant crops of large fruit.
Before the soiling currant spring liquid fertilizer should share her growing period of 4 cycles:
• The first feeding is carried out during the swelling of the kidneys, when the bushes are awakening after the winter and go into growth.
• For the second time "feeding" is held immediately after flowering, as this is the most crucial period in the bush.There are ovary, their growth is enhanced and requires more power.
• The third relates directly feeding period loading berries.Best Mode for liquid fertilizer at this stage it is to phosphorus and potassium, since this bush most needs.
• Deadline for fertilizer - it is, after harvesting the fruit that becomes the key to a good future harvest.The only thing that should be avoided during this period, this nitrogen fertilizers.They delay the aging of flower buds.
If you observe the rule of a four-feeding, you can not puzzle over than currants fertilize spring for a better crop.
Breeding liquid feeding
good option for liquid organic fertilizing is considered the infusion of poultry manure at the rate of 1:10, and mullein (1 kg / 4 liters of water).
Experienced gardeners say there is no better option than to fertilize currant spring "green" fertilizers.For its preparation is required:
• High capacity, which is filled with a little more than half of all fresh grass - swans, nettle, chamomile, dandelion - all ruthlessly breaks in the area, like a weed.
• Do not tamping the grass, fill with water up to the top container, cover tightly with a lid and leave in a warm place for fermentation.
• Sometimes stirring wait infusion brighten and stop fermentation.Normally, it takes 10-12 days.
• Dilute the resulting "green" fertilizer in the ratio of 1 liter of infusion in 10 liters of water and water directly to the roots currant.
Seasoned gardeners throw for better "aging" in a container of grass stale bread or old jam.This enhances the fermentation process.
Fertilization prior to planting currants
to wonder what to fertilize in the spring of gooseberries and currants, especially young shrubs is better to properly prepare the soil before planting them.If carried
autumn planting, the planting hole in the ground must be done for 2-3 weeks before.Their depth should be 40 cm and a width of 50-60 cm. The bottom layer of soil from the pit should be mixed with organic fertilizers and put back into the 3/4 hole.Fertilizer used peat or compost, superphosphate (150 g), potassium sulfate (40-50 g) and wood ash (40 g).
When the soil settles a bit, you can start planting fruit bushes.It is important to remember that immediately after picking bushes should be thoroughly watered, and the tops cut up to 18 cm in the fall and in the spring of 3-4 lower kidney.
If planting is carried out after the winter "hibernation" of the earth, we must know how to fertilize in the spring of currants immediately after picking.
You can use organic and complex mineral substances, and if the soil acidification, be sure to use lime at the rate of 300-800 g per 1 m2.It is better to apply at the stage of digging the garden and fertilizer to invest directly in the planting hole.
additional care currants
Even when summer visitor knows how to fertilize currant bushes in the spring, it is not enough for a high yield.More action is needed to help successfully bear fruit plants from 10 to 15 years.
• It is important to plant currants on the site.Better if it will be several hives at a distance of 1.5-2 m from each other.
• Also note the distance from the fence.Many gardeners planted currants him butt, trying to save time, but it is at times reduce productivity.Currants loves space and light.
• Conduct routine inspections of the bushes, removing the affected leaves and cutting off weak shoots.Also, experts recommend after thawed soil, to hold currants hot "showers."To do this, the hot water is poured into a watering can with a strainer and sprayed on plants above.Knowing
than currants fertilize in the spring, and performing routine inspection, each year you can get a great harvest of berries.